I’ve been putting it off. For lots of reasons, but I’ve been putting it off. Until now. Yep, I’m gonna talk about…DUN-DUN-DUN!!!!…..50 Shades of Grey. There, I said it. I should preface this by saying that I have not yet read the book, but there’s a story here which is what I wanna talk about:
1. Several of my friends loved and recommended the book. Everyone and their sister were talking about this frickin’ book! I thought, cool! Sounds like a good book; maybe I’ll check it out. But as with many things, I tend to procrastinate actually acting on stuff…..
2. I started hearing that a couple of my friends thought the book was…well, dumb. And poorly written. And lame. And juvenile. Hmmmm….So I pulled up Fifty Shades of Grey on Amazon.com and read some of the good and bad reviews. The bad ones were WAY funnier! Plus it started to sound like a book I might not like (Let’s face it, I am not a fan of a woman being dominated even if it is supposed to be sexy…..just not my thing, ya know? – STRIKE 1. Plus, I am a snob when it comes to grammar and general literacy and writing. STRIKE 2. Add the fact that I am pretty experienced and knowledgeable, not to mention adventurous, when it comes to sex in general so I worry this might be boring. STRIKE 3! You’re OUT!)
3. I put the idea of reading it on the back burner.
4. Still, everywhere I turn it’s 50 Shades this and 50 Shades that. I challenge you to go to pretty much ANY online adult retail shop (Adam and Eve, Eden Fantasys, Babeland to name a few) and they are ALL selling 50 Shades of Grey books and/or ”kits” that have some of the paraphernalia used in the book.
5. I’ve decided that I really am going to need to read at least the first book in the trilogy. I realize that #2 above reveals I might be a bit biased, but I will honestly try and stay objective. Yep, I’m gonna read the book. Then I’m gonna review the book – you know how opinionated I am! Not that it will matter because most of you have already read the book, or have no desire to read it. But I’m feeling the need to weigh in on it. Just because. So there!
P.S. It’s correct spelling is “Grey” not “Gray”, people! Just sayin’